Saturday, September 08, 2007

totally bragging this time

The first football game of the season was finally upon us. Drake was so excited that he could not stop talking about it all morning long. He was dressed well before his game so we took some pre-game shots. Doesn't he look fierce? I opted for no goggles for the pictures since they make his eyes look buggy. Hey, a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do to get the shot :)
We had to be at the game an hour before start time only to find out that the games were running an hour behind schedule. Great!! Nothing like trying to keep Grady entertained and contained in a wide open area. By the way, we spent a painful four and a half hours at the field, not what I was planning on for my Saturday afternoon. Drake did well calling all the plays and used this crazy deep gutteral voice. We will be trying to correct that before he gets vocal cord nodules!
I must take this moment to brag as any good Mom would. Drake scored the first touchdown on a quarterback sneak. It was so great! He got toatlly smooshed as both teams piled on him but how exciting to watch!! The tackles even jostled his goggles. Kudos to John for getting me a new lens for my camera so I could catch all the action up close and personal. By the way, for those of you who were curious, the Falcon's won their first game 26-6! Bring on the next game!!

1 comment:

Jes said...

So super proud! He look great. You will have to let me know his schedule for I have a little girl that would love to come to a game!