Monday, September 24, 2007

girls rule

Have to take this time and give a little shout out to the US women's soccer team. They are, if I am still correct, ranked first and will be playing Brazil in the semi-finals. I would also like to give a word of "thanks" to my friend Beth for sharing her pictures from her friend Missy (are you keeping up?) who is over there with the women's team as we speak...brat! I offered to be her personal assistant but did not receive a response, buggar! Can't even fathom what it would be like to be there. Jealous, very very jealous.

On a sad and disgruntled side note, my soccer team tied yesterday even though we by far out played our opponents. We of course had the ref we are all not fond of who randomly insisted halfway through that we all tuck in our shirts, as it is "a rule". He was also a little foul happy as he would call anything remotely close to clean but would not call those plays close to, shall we say, not so clean. I guess I should not complain too much as he let my beautiful, yet illegal in our league, slide tackle go even when the opposing team was more then willing to point out my wrong doing and the fact I was smirking it was not called. I truly could not help smirking because, well, it was just so darn pretty and I don't get many of those these days. And I prevented a possible goal with my tactic so that boded well with me too. Thankfully I did not hurl on the field as I also insisted on playing under the weather…yes I know I have serious issues but a girl has to be faithful to her team! We are no match for team USA but fun, and at times amusing to watch none the less!

No comments: