Thursday, September 06, 2007

brave yet stupid girl

I have just, for the first time in my life, purchased a string bikini. I still cannot believe I did it, but was running out of options for our upcoming trip. My husband feels I should be like the locals and go topless. Has he SEEN what nursing two kids has done to my girls? They are in sad and pathetic shape. I even feel embarrassed at my annual exam and she sees them all day! From being flat chested my entire life, then ballooning out to a C+/ D and then shrinking again.....well you can imagine the destruction. He also said I could not wear any of my "mommy" suits on our trip. Well, that leaves me nothing but a bikini I had pre-babies that does not cover my redistributed butt and hips. So while shopping on my lunch break I came across the swimsuit clearance section. I justified the purchase on many levels. First, it was 75% off (can you believe someone would pay $80 for a string bikini???) Second, I don't need to listen to my husband complain and gripe about MY swim wear choices. Third, it will definitively make him happy. Fourth, I don't need to go topless with the natives (VERY important) Fifth, I can add it to the list of things I thought I would never do in my life. Don't worry, I will not be posting a picture of me in this swimsuit nor will I allow any pictures to even be taken. At least I can guarantee that no one in the Dominican Republic will know me and gossip about how I look in this suit. For now I will just use it as motivation to eat healthy and stay on my work out regimen and pray I have the courage to walk on the beach in it!!

2 comments:

Jes said...

I am jealous knowing that you fit into a bikini and a string one at that! I'm sure you look great in it too! You better take some photos so you have proof that you did look super good after having 2 kids.

JCR said...

Good for you!!! You are brave. And ditto everything you said about "the girls." Sigh. I never liked what I had before, but two breastfed babies later, I'd be happy just to have my B cup back.