Tuesday, August 14, 2007

pregnant and the revenge of bad karma

OK, since I am sure I got your attention with that title, let me be the first to say that I am not pregnant, though that would be bad Karma! I want to give a little shout out to my BFF Ann in NH and her new belly inhabitant. YEAH!! I get to be an auntie again! While I still question the possibility of her first son, who turned one this past weekend, being a love child product of her and my husband, I am very excited she is finally out in the open with her new bundle. I will post a picture of her beautiful one year old later and ask for your vote. My BFF is Greek, dark eyes, hair and skin, and her husband is Italian, dark eyes and hair but light skinned. Their "supposed" son has the bluest eyes I have ever seen, except on my husband. I am OK with it as long as she doesn't seek child support... ha ha ha

Now to my bad karma. I tried the duct tape to keep my son's diaper secure and it worked...till about 3am. This is when I heard, "Momma!!! Momma your bed!!" When I stumbled into his room the first thing I smelled was urine. NO WAY I thought. There is no way he got that diaper off. Well he didn't but he did wet through his diaper, his t-shirt, his shorts and all his bedding. Curse you diaper God's!! So as I am trying to get him cleaned and changed in the dark, I can't get his soaking wet diaper off. More cursing. Finally he is in a dry diaper and clean but he is very much awake by this point. Needless to say he finally settled down and went back to sleep around 5am. Java is a very good friend of mine today. Have a sitter tonight so I can't ask her to duct tape him. maybe I can slip it on while he is asleep when I get home....or I can take my chances and wish for the best!

1 comment:

Jes said...

I say no more liquids for that kid :) Am proud of you for going through with with the tape. Perhaps a pair of scissors would be helpful.