Friday, June 20, 2008

summa summa summa time

Since it is officially summer and I am enjoying the sunshine - FINALLY!!- I thought I would partake in mama's nest's summer meme. While I could easily just cut and paste her list, which I nodded eagerly along with, I won't. I will put some thought into the next 10 minutes and scribe my own Summertime Top 10.

1. Freckles - Drake's and of course, mine. I adore the girlish quality they give me when they speckle my nose and cheeks.

2. Tan lines - I love how the boys' bums almost glow after a summer of swimming and playing outside.

3. Lazy nights lounging in lawn chairs, sipping beer and watching the boys chase fireflies.

4. Painted Toenails - I love putting funky colors on my piggies in the summer. I give my nails a break in the winter, so as soon as there is any semblance of warmth, I paint them. My fave color this summer is Yoga-ta Get This Blue by OPI.

5. Laying in the sun - I know, I know. It's bad. It causes cancer, wrinkles and what not, but there is something about the warm feeling that spreads over parts of skin that have not seen sunlight in 9 months that relaxes me to my inner core. AND because I have ADD I can only do it for 10 - 15 minutes at a time before getting bored.

6. Camping. Call me crazy but I like to rough it every now and then. My favorite camp site, around here, is the Indiana Dunes - beach, lake and a super clean camp site.

7. My road bike. I used to clip off 15 - 20 miles a day, pre-children. I finally splurged last year and got a new road bike since mine was old as dirt and as heavy as a truck! It is fire orange and yellow and it ROCKS!!!

8. The beach - sand and surf is all this lassie needs.

9. Beer soaked brats on the grill. I had never eaten these monstrosities till I met my husband. He has me addicted and some days I itch for them. Gross, I know.

10. My ALL time favorite - not working!! Working in the schools has it's bonuses (and it's not the paychecks!)

7 comments:

keiki3 said...

As I nodded in agreement with your list... I had a good laugh out loud as I recalled our attempt at camping some time back (the trip that started in a canoe and ended with gambling on an indian reservation...) -- I can only hope you have gotten a better tent since then!

Wish I would have saved those pictures... :)

Jes said...

It is as if I wrote that list myself. No wonder we are friends:)

JCR said...

Here's to blue toenails! I'll be donning that same shade on July 4th. Today I have a nice, summery orange.

houseofeling said...

painted toe nails are my favorite too!!!

Ann Harrison said...

Ah...
You have reminded me of so many things I need to put on my list.

(I miss fireflies. When I lived in Connecticut we would come upon fields of fireflies. It was so beautiful!
Unfortunately we don't have them in Oregon.)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'm going to have to check out the blue nail polish!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Great list! Thanks for playing along! I love freckles too... mine never go away, but I especially love the ones that come out with the sun!