Tuesday, June 24, 2008

because i am always late to the party

These past few weeks have sucked. Instead of reveling in all that is good with summer vacation, I have been galavanting across the countryside to various appointments, doctors visits and what not. Drake has skateboarding camp, Grady is playing soccer, hubby's sailboat racing season has begun, we're all out of milk and I need to be at my soccer game in ten minutes - across town!! Sigh... is this really what I signed up for when I let hubby shot one through the goal posts? I think the effects of the alcohol prevented me from fully understanding the consequences of my actions during those few minutes of time. Minutes!? Did I say minutes? Oh, I definitely meant hours honey... hours!

The worst is trying to get Grady out of the house. Well, I guess I should clarify - trying to get him out of the house not dressed as Darth Vader. I am all for self expression and whatnot but seriously - this shirt can walk on its own. He is now in the stage of refusing to let me wash it. I used to be able to convince him that Vader needed a tubby and he would fall for it - sucker. Now... yeah, not so much. Vader dislikes all things clean. He also has long sleeves and is all black. I swear my kid is going to melt away to nothings wearing that hot box all summer. Or is it a precursor to the Goth years to come? For the most part I shrugged my shoulders and let him wear that gawd forsaken thing but somedays... somedays I am so tired of it. I hate looking at it. I hate that every picture this summer has him wearing it. For the record, I did actually buy him summer clothes. I am also getting tired of the 'looks' from the neighborhood hens that say, "Oh there he is in that shirt again" with a weak smile. I sooo want to smack them.

So there it is, my suckit Monday tribute. Better late then never!

Brutally Honest Mondays” border=


***ADDENDUM***



Visual proof from nap this afternoon of Vader obsession. Sigh....

9 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

Oh, I hear ya on the getting the kid outta the house. EGAD. It's awful.

Thank you for playing! Tuesday can kinda suckit, too. But not like Monday. ;-)

Putz said...

TO BE BRUTILLY honest, could life get any fuller, even with tight pants, and a active soccer family??

keiki3 said...

I keep telling myself I'll miss the chaos someday... someday...

Blondefabulous said...

I wish my kids would stay in ONE outfit all summer. It would save me tons of money in laundry bills! Nooooooo..... mine are freakin' clothes horses who try to change 3 times a day!! Once they are old enough, I am going to make them do their own laundry and then they'll see just how much work it really is to keep up with their wardrobe!

Kat said...

Mrs Flinger - yes Tuesdays has SUCKED it as well. damn

Putz - Sadly I am afraid that life WILL get fuller and it scares the crap out of me!

Keiki - Dude, you are in for chaos for a long, long time.

BF - I don't mind laundry. It actually calms me, the mindlessness of it. Plus hubby makes more laundry then 8 kids!

Ann Harrison said...

That picture is beyond adorable!
And about the Darth Vader shirt, to the 'hens of hell' I say hell yes ! My son IS wearing this shirt again.
(Because one day, too soon, he won't want to wear it thinking it looks silly. And just another part of his sweet, wonderful precious youth will go away.

Sorry for my outburst. I feel a little connected to this because my youngest no longer wants to be a princess when we go to the grocery store. At first I was embarrassed, but now I miss it so!)

Jes said...

Sounds like I might have to find a short sleeved vader shirt for my future son-in-law huh?

Teri said...

he's a cutey! with or without the vader stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's adorable! I agree with jes, getting a short-sleeved vader shirt is a great idea!