Monday, June 30, 2008

straight trippin'

This is where I wish we were going.

This is my reality. Ok, maybe not really, but pretty darn close. It is hot, cramped, we have no rental car... the list can go on and on. But I will spare you all of my wallowing in self pity. That which is Hell has begun and we have officially started our family vacation out West. What better way to start out a vacation then to get stuck in summer construction in Chicago. Luckily we knew of the excessive construction from our jaunt downtown a few weeks ago. The super friendly shuttle driver was nice enough to drop us off at the arrivals instead of the departures and said we could take the escalator up the two flights of stairs to get to the departures. Lord forbid he actually do his job and drop us off at the right destination!! Did he not see us carting two kids and a butt load of luggage? Nope, I think not.

And now we are waiting for our plane. Waiting with an under napped three year old and an eight year old with no patience for waiting. Grady has decided that today he is Ben Ten and keeps slapping his pretend watch/ omnitrex to transform in to a different alien. To add to the excitement he keeps insisting on yelling and jumping from the seat scaring the gentleman across from him trying to work on his laptop. Oh yes, good times, good times. I have begun lifting up prayers and pleads that the flight be quick and painless. Is that possible?

With all that being said, I am not sure how much I will be posting this week. I may need the mental break but I may also be balled up in a corner, rocking myself to sleep with a bottle of wine. My goal is to at least post pictures from our adventures with little tidbits of info - we'll see what you end up with. Bon voyage!!

3 comments:

keiki3 said...

Oh... I feel your pain being out about with a three year old who thinks he's 'Ben'... Hope the trip goes quickly for you! :)

Jes said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start. It could be worse like tears and screams. Have fun in the sun and can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Putz said...

the las vegas kids off to see the wizard in la la land...out west ...