Friday, July 20, 2007

sightings

OK, let me preface this by saying that I am not a mean person and this entry is not to be construed as such. But I saw it, it made me laugh hysterically and if you told me about it I am sure my reaction would be the same. That being said here is what I witnessed today: It is a beautiful sunny afternoon. We just returned from soccer and the boys were playing in the driveway and backyard. I happen to glance up and look to the street. There wobbling away was a 40+ year old woman trying to ride an adult mountain bike. Now what made it even funnier was that she had childrens training wheels on her bike. This made it so she would rock from side to side, trying to keep her balance, like a five year old. It was truly hilarious to witness. The only thing better was if I caught it on camera...but I didn't want to make her feel bad. I know I would not be brave enough to try and learn to ride a bike, in the middle of the day under the scrutiny of others. So for that I give her all the credit in the world.

No comments: