Sunday, February 24, 2008

blast from the past

Technology. These are the days I absolutely love it. A while back I created a Face Book account on a whim. This website is a way to connect with people and allow people that know you to connect and/or contact you. I have stumbled across many friends from my high school days and recently a long lost friend from college. Sadly, we intentionally lost each other ten years ago due to small and silly things. These thing were so minute and trivial that when we recently got together for drinks, we couldn't even remember the true reason as to why we stopped talking. I guess I should mention that I was young and stupid, I think she would agree! I also told her I wouldn't blog about our evening last night....sorry!! After getting together for drinks a few weeks ago we decided it would be fun to get our families together. Ironically we have been living ten minutes away from each other for quite some time and have never crossed paths. She has three boys (4, 2 1/2 and 1) and then I have mine (7 and 2 1/2). What could be more enjoyable then five rambunctious boys invading a living space? To sum it up, we had a blast. I will admit that due to our shared stories, I was a bit worried about combining the two 2 1/2 year olds. They were born a day apart and could not be more similar. Those of you that read my blog regularly know I often refer to mine as the demon seed of my womb. I am happy to report that all the boys got along extremely well. There were no fights, meltdowns or blood shed but there was a substantial amount of noise and endless running. And to top off the evening, my friend brought my all time favorite.... brownies!! Drake was so exhausted from last night that he slept until 9:45 this morning! Grady on the other hand was up with the crack of dawn, full of energy and ready to tackle the day, or at least me! John is a little scared by how many similarities she and I share. As she put it, we could wife swap and they would be none the wiser. I am so glad she reached out to reconnect with me. I look forward to more play dates and dinner dates, and quite frankly, more girls night outs!!

3 comments:

keiki3 said...

I KNEW you'd blog about the night -- glad you did -- and glad we reconnected!

Jes said...

How great for both of you!

JCR said...

Wow! That's so great that you guys got to reconnect. I love stories like that. :)