Thursday, May 15, 2008

blue la la

Just when you thought the lassies could not get any sassier! Yes, the lassie went blue. I have been contemplating color for quite some time but did not want to torture my hair by bleaching and then coloring only to have to re-bleach and color when I am bored and tired of the color I added. Then my coworker walked in with these beautiful reds and blues in her hair. Ooooo, sassy likes!! After I cornered her and demanded to know her secrets she said, "Why they are extensions my dear!" Extensions.... I could do extensions. That sounds easy enough and without the undue stress to my locks. After some investigation I found out they are really easy to put in, last from 3-6 months and you can treat it like normal hair (which is good because I like my flat iron and love my product even more!!) The hardest part was deciding on a color...hmmm, which one will it be??? The salon was running a promotion for Breast Cancer Awareness with pink extensions which tempted me greatly but alas, I am just not a pinky type girl. So blue it is. I guess I can now say I am a blue hair... ha ha. Way before my time that is for sure! On the home front, Grady loves it and has begun demanding some for himself.I should have seen that coming from a mile away! I know this road will be well traveled if the boys are anything like their father, who changed his hair color every other week in high school. I can just see the Christmas cards now - Rainbow Bright meets the Irish Klan!! I am sure my family members will be lining up for blocks for one of those!

4 comments:

Jes said...

Well I guess it looks better than what I had in my head. Add this to your tatoo and tongue piercing, and the neighborhood hens must be a cluck'n now! :)

keiki3 said...

I see someone bet me to the "cluck'n" commment already! I wonder how that'd go over in my house if I ever dared to step that far out... hmmmmm...

motherbumper said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT - I want them, really really want them - thanks for letting me in on this fabulous stuff. Did it hurt getting braided in ?(I'm scared of what I've seen on ANTM).

cautious1 said...

I like the "blue hair" comment. The blue suits you just fine!! :)