Thursday, December 07, 2006

sad little tree

I have finally gotten around to putting up our Christmas tree. For some reason this year it was a long and painful process basically boiling down to the fact that I am not quite in the "spirit" this year. It also didn't help that when I did try to put up and decorate the tree, little Atilla the Hun, aka Grady, was quickly there to search and destroy. Last night, after putting him to bed, I revisited the ornament box. Due to his intense curiosity I can only hang ornaments above his arms reach. This makes for a sad looking tree. Although... I did find a lot of things in the tree that he obviously wanted to be ornaments including, but not limited to, a golf ball, my keys for work (good thing I found those before I got to work), a sock, a cat toy, a fisher price horse and two Matchbox race cars. Well, he was quite the busy boy this afternoon! He has also discovered that he is still small enough to belly crawl under the tree to hunt down the cats that are trying to find solace there. The real fun begins when he tries to get out ... I can still hear the screams now.....

No comments: